Package management enables scenarios where your team needs to share packaged software components within the team or with other teams.Here I am going to create a new Team Services Package by using npm. If you don’t have npm , please install Node.js for windows.
In order to package the extension, you should run a tfx-cli(TFS Cross Platform Command Line Interface ) command using npm .
- Go to Node.js command prompt and type the command npm i -g tfx-cli and press enter
- Create a new folder somewhere on your local disk for example C:\MyCave\TeamServices\helloworld
- Navigate to the above directory from Node.js command prompt
- Once you navigate to the directory use the ‘npm install’ command to retrieve the SDK :npm install vss-web-extension-sdk and press enter. It will download some files
- Open the helloworld folder from Visual Studio as website for edit
- Create a new HTML page for your hub. the method init() and notifyLoadSucceeded() will initialize the sdk.
- Add an icon to the img folder that identifies your extension
- create extension manifest that describes your extension. for this create a JSON file (vss-extension.json ,for example) in the home directory
You can download JSON file from here – https://plnkr.co/edit/l9eKrr?p=catalogue
- Edit the JSON file – package name, path, version etc
- Navigate to root directory where vss-extension.json placed and run the command tfx extension create –manifest-globs vss-extension.json for creating the package.
- When you open your directory you could see the package file